- 180604 - PWB Designer III
- $30 to $36.00 DOE
- 10 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a PWB Designer III for an opening in Cincinnati, OH.
The PWB Designer performs complex and difficult design tasks requiring the operation and application of Computer-Aided Design equipment and associated peripheral equipment. Requires extensive skill and knowledge of equipment capabilities, application techniques and design limitations. Maintains technical coordination with engineering and design staff members. Work assignments are typified by their complexity and non-routine nature where established techniques and procedures may not exist. Provides work leadership to lower level CAD users and reviews work for quality and accuracy.
• Prepare and direct preparation of design studies. Oversee multiple projects and maintain status records on all assigned projects and in full accordance with IPC and AS9100 quality standards and requirements.
• Examine engineering drawings and related documents for soundness, efficiency, completeness, clarity and dimensional accuracy; conforms to design/drafting standards, design. Actively participates in the transition of design from concept to production floor.
• Perform tolerance analysis as required. Implements approved changes. Function as checker for all documents prepared by support personnel. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that is cooperative and supportive of customers, co-workers and managers. Makes accurate scale layouts of parts, assemblies, or electronic circuits for electronic units of considerable complexity, showing specification tolerances, dimensions and material to be used. Checks with design engineers or other sources such as parts catalogs to find additional data. Performs CAD Designs using the following tools:
• Mechanical/Gage/Tool Designers - Solid Edge ST6 , SOLID WORKS as required. PWB Designs – Altium, Mentor Pads 2007, DX Designer, PCB to 3D, CAM 350 others as required
• Prepares detailed drawings, and completed mechanical or electrical drawings of printed circuit (PC) board components and assemblies from notes, verbal instructions, and rough or detailed sketches for engineering or manufacturing purposes.
• All other tasks as assigned by manager.
• ANSI Y14.5-82M dimensioning and tolerancing.
• PWB designers are required to have IPC CID certification or have the ability and desire to obtain one. Equivalent certifications considered.
• Working knowledge of IPC standards related to electrical symbology. IPC Class III literate.
• Working knowledge of materials and processes specific to the PWB industry.
• Experience with Rigid, Flex and Rigid Flex design requirements.
• ECAD tool experience (Altium and how to interface with MCAD & ECAD DFM tools).
• Project Management
• Working knowledge of algebra, geometry and machining technology.
• Proficiency on 2D and 3D CAE/CAD/CAM software tools.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
• Working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems and data management applications.
Accredited Associates degree in Engineering with 5+ years of on the job PWB design experience, or 10+ years of on the job PWB design experience.
9/80, 1st Shift
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x250 or (800) 927-9318 x250
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.