- 180620 - Calibration Technician
- Up to $17.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Calibration Technician for an opening in Tewksbury, MA.
• Work under general guidance to calibrate, validate, and test Client XRF instruments and associated equipment
• Must be confident in the use of a computer to log, analyze and manipulate data through various Microsoft based programs
• Responsible for processing of multiple instruments at one time; the candidate must be able to multi-task
• Indicate errors on work instructions and suggest changes to written work instructions, processes, and procedures
• Be able to use math and simple calculations to review measured values against certified values
• Experience with proper material handling and sample prep is a major plus
• Ability to learn and master new technical ideas and concepts
• Must be able to spend majority of workday looking at a computer screen and 4-inch LCD’s
• Adhere to ISO9000 requirements; work instruction adherence, ESD, area cleanliness, maintenance and calibration
• Adhere to PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) requirements of the job function
• Participate in daily team stand-up meetings; communicating daily challenges and/or ideas
• Participate in improvement events (such as Kaizen, 5S, Practical Process Improvement)
• Maintain a safe working environment and follow established 5S procedures
• Computer knowledge, math skills, and experience working with Microsoft Excel a must
• Ability to utilize computers and all forms of e-communication at a high level is absolutely required
• Ability to work in a team environment and build working relationships with co-workers
• Ability to sit or stand at workbench for extended periods of time; bend, stoop, reach, turn as required
• Familiarity with concepts of Lean Manufacturing a plus
Accredited Associates degree in a technical discipline preferred (Chemical or Elemental sciences)
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.