- 180623 - Buyer
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- San Diego
- $30 to $42.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Buyer for an opening in San Diego, CA.
Under the general direction of the Manager, Procurement and Subcontracts, the Buyer is responsible for the management and procurement of hardware, microwave, and electronic components, which can be in support of U.S. government contracts. We are looking for candidates who strive for excellence, believe in continuous improvement, and want to join a growing team in an opportunity rich environment.
• Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements for electronic, microwave and electro-mechanical components, and services related to both design and production requirements.
• Able to evaluate bid responses, negotiate price, delivery schedules, and place purchase orders in accordance with division policies, procedures and government regulations.
• Source, evaluate and qualify new and existing Suppliers.
• Support and promote Client supplier diversity program and ensure inclusion in procurement process.
• Monitor and evaluate supplier performance, including supplier development and continuous process/cost improvements.
• Negotiate terms and conditions.
• Perform cost/price analysis for all types of commodities and services.
• Work with suppliers on rejected material and claims resulting from purchase order changes or termination.
• Act as liaison between suppliers and involved departments to resolve procurement related problems.
• Monitor supplier performance and take corrective action when necessary.
• Work with Material Planners and Program Managers to maintain component delivery commitments consistent with production and program requirements.
• Uphold internal and external policies, regulations and laws (Federal Acquisition Regulations, Sarbanes/Oxley, etc.).
• Prepare reports, attend meetings and respond to special assignments.
• Perform other procurement tasks and projects as assigned.
• Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) familiarity is required.
• Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS) is required.
• Ability to read fabrication prints, drawings, and specifications.
• Knowledge of RF, military or aerospace component requirements.
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
• Knowledge of and experience with ERP; Infor LN experience is a plus
• Lean and/or Six Sigma experience preferred.
• APICS, ISM, PMP, or Contract Management certification preferred.
• Knowledge of Purchasing in the electronics industry with at least 3 + years of recent and relevant experience.
• Proficient negotiation skills, strong verbal aptitude, and excellent writing skills.
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office capabilities (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
• Must be process-oriented, with strong continuous improvement and problem solving skills.
Must have experience purchasing electronic components.
Accredited B.S. degree in Supply Chain, Business or Economics preferred, or equivalent education required.
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x254 or (800) 927-9318 x254
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.