- 180657 - Sr Financial Analyst
- $32 to $40.00 DOE
- 4 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst for an opening in Northampton, MA.
Work closely with program managers, contracts, procurement, and CAMs to develop, track, analyze, and maintain program budgets. Provide visibility on program status through program planning and control activities including estimate at completion (EAC), status reporting, and risk analysis.
- Maintaining timely and accurate EACs for assigned programs.
- Preparing variance analysis in support of program, functional and senior management.
- Using standard Earned Value Management (EVM) tracking techniques, analyzing, reporting cost, and schedule performance baseline.
- Creating and maintaining complex financial models to be used by management in business planning.
- Providing financial support to DCMA/DCAA audits.
- Performing ROS analysis.
- Conducting ad hoc analysis as required by management.
- Demonstrating the ability to proactively solve problems and issues in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with The Department of Defense
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on working knowledge of Earned Value Management
- Minimum of 3 years using an Earned Value tool (COBRA, etc.)
- Experience with cost plus, fixed price, fixed price incentive, and T&M contract types.
- Experience in developing EACs on major programs.
- Comprehensive understanding of cost accounting and FAR principles.
- Familiarity with Costpoint or other ERP.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Able to work independently, need little supervision, and capable of drawing own conclusions.
- In the long term, able to mentor new associates.
Accredited Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of experience in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Management.
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.