- 180721 - Technician
- SC-South Carolina
- West Columbia
- Up to $17.00 DOE
- 3 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Technician for an opening in West Columbia, SC.
• Responsible for testing and troubleshooting portable instruments and sub-assemblies.
• Perform instrument calibrations.
• Learn radiation detection and measurement technologies
• Collect and report on failures and enter such data on repair worksheets.
• Complete and maintain repair records
• Identify opportunities for process improvements and suggest changes.
• Provide internal and external customers with technical support via the phone.
• Report results of any non-conformance issues to Service Leader
• Proven proficiency in systems, board level electronic and mechanical troubleshooting and repair
• Proficiency utilizing various test equipment, such as DVM, power supplies
• Skilled at soldering (wiring, board components, etc.)
• Proven knowledge of MS operating systems, Excel, Word and Outlook
• Ability to troubleshoot complex systems by phone
• Portray a professional and friendly image to the customer
• Ability to deal with a broad range of internal and external customers
• Exceptional customer skills
• Desire to work in a service environment
• Self-motivated, independent, strong work ethic
• Consistently drives for process improvement
• Proven experience in instrumentation service and applications
• Perform other tasks as necessary to meet business objectives
• Electronics Certification, AS technical degree, or Military Training
• Minimum of 3 years of Service Repair experience
• Practice work safety at all times
• Meet or exceed quality and quantity standards
• Keep work area clean and orderly
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.