- 180742 - Human Resource Specialist
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Human Resource Specialist for an opening in Pittsburgh, PA.
The Solution Center HR Specialist is focused on providing effective and timely front-line customer service support for our employees, field Human Resources (HR) representatives and HR business partners. This position will provide support for their questions, issues and problem resolution on center-supported services such as benefits, payroll, and HR policies & procedures. The HR Specialist will also perform transactional activities related to all services offered from the service center.
• Assist employees and field HR representatives as the initial point of contact for benefits, payroll, and HR policy and procedure questions by answering employee calls and emails by providing immediate resolution or careful redirection to escalated support resources
• Answer routine employee, field HR representatives and HR business partner inquiries relating to benefit plans, payroll, policies and procedures
• Collaborate with other HR Solution Center subject matter experts and field HR reps to resolve employee issues in a thorough and timely manner
• Perform back-office transactions for benefits, payroll and general HR data processing in support of HR functions, including running ad hoc and scheduled reports, data entry, data reconciliation, mailings, filing, sending correspondence, sorting and routing incoming mail
• Achieve stated performance measures and adhere to established customer service standards. Perform special projects as assigned and managed by a supervisor
• Entry level position that will be directly supervised
• Previous experience (1-2 years) in benefits, payroll or general human resources
• Customer service experience is a plus
• Experience working in a call center or HR shared service center preferred
• Ability to interpret and communicate HR policies, procedures, and programs
• Ability to deliver excellent customer care via telephone
• Critical thinking, problem solving, and judgment skills
• Service-oriented attitude and willingness to learn
• Posses good listening skills and patience to work with all types of employees
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude
• Individual should have high energy with the ability to organize/prioritize workload
• Bilingual skills are a plus
• Excellent interpersonal skills needed with the ability to communicate well in a diverse work environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, experience using a HRIS data base and reporting application
Accredited BA/BS or equivalent work experience directly attributable to human resources, benefits or payroll
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.