- 180784 - Military Operations Analyst
- NC-North Carolina
- Fort Bragg
- 2 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Military Operations Analyst for an opportunity in Fort Bragg, NC
The Digital Archivist is responsible for the digital materials given to and created by the
Enterprise members and units including the creation of metadata records and for policies
regarding the creation, storage, preservation, organization, description, and access to these
materials. The Digital Archivist is responsible for initiating and maintaining outreach, reference, and collection development activities for the Enterprise and other archival collections related to joint special operations history and culture.
1. Helps to ensure the accessibility of the digital resources of the Enterprise and other special collections by determining the appropriate intellectual organization and digital storage structure, analyzing the intellectual content of the source material, and conducting historical research for the preparation of metadata descriptions.
2. Designs and manages digital collections by establishing the metadata schema, controlled
vocabularies, and exercising quality control of the software, equipment, and metadata records.
3. Creates policies and procedures for managing born-digital materials for ingest, storage,
preservation, organization, description, and access.
4. Helps to preserve the intellectual and artifactual value of physical archival material by
determining the need for performing conservation procedures such as, document cleaning,
repair, deacidification, and humidification.
5. Provides access to archival collections by compiling finding aids, creating collection-level
records or metadata description, creating finding aids or controlled vocabularies to assist online researchers, and maintaining a database on collections and storage space allocation.
6. Strong research and writing experience is important. Command experience is a significant enabler. Top Secret/SCI clearance required. Work location is FBNC, Command History Office; some travel is required to coordinate Enterprise digitization effort.
Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are required. Familiarity with cataloging, various computer applications, and establishing metadata descriptions required.
Certification: Digital Archives Specialist Certificate from the Society of American Archivists is preferred.
Accredited BS+3-5 YRS or Masters in Library Science (MLS) from an American Library Association (ALA)
accredited program or a graduate degree in history (or related discipline) is required. Significant graduate-level coursework in archival administration/theory is required.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.