- 180812 - Manufacturing Engineer 3
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer 3 for an opening in Jacksonville, FL.
Seeking a Mid-Level Manufacturing Engineer to support the FA-18 Program.
•Develops, implements and maintains various manufacturing plans, Bill of Materials, work instructions and illustrations to define and document as-built configuration.
•Develops manufacturing concepts and strategies to support business objectives.
•Develops and integrates suppliers, processes, materials, data and technology to meet manufacturing and delivery requirements.
•Reviews and approves supplier data to ensure manufacturing related requirements are met.
•Develops tooling requirements based on manufacturing and engineering requirements.
•Manages tools from initial design to end of use disposition.
•Investigates and resolves manufacturing related issues.
•Performs producibility assessments for part or product designs.
•Provides producibility input to design, manufacturing processes and manufacturing technologies to meet cost and schedules.
•Develops integrated work statements and sequencing of events to support delivery commitments.
•Drafts, updates and reviews processes and procedures to support business and regulatory agency requirements.
• Minimum 6 years of experience working in a manufacturing and/or a production environment.
•Experience establishing manufacturing build plans
• 6 or more years of experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
• At least 6 years of experience using basic Microsoft Office and office computing systems.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Experience and working knowledge of F/A-18A-G aircraft.
• Knowledge of Navy Technical Directives, client FA18 Design Specifications, cleint Process Specifications, clientProcesses and Procedures, and cleintTooling Procedures.
• Knowledge of HMS Shop Floor Manager (SFM) and Non-Conformance Manager (NCM) and the ability to communicate technical manufacturing specifications and engineering assembly and installation instructions to technicians, quality inspector and other engineers in a clear and concise manner.
• Competency interpreting design requirements and the ability to create Installation/Assembly and Fabrication Plans in the HMS-CAPP system.
• Knowledge of GOLD-ESP is a bonus.
• Knowledge to perform necessary work order maintenance to quickly respond to production floor issues or changes.
• Ability to collaborate with both the engineering work force and mechanics on the factory floor.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.