- 180860 - Technical Writer II
- 12 MONTHS
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Technical Writer for an opportunity in Sterling, VA.
Primary focus of this position is to support the need of creating and revising technical documents for ZXAI products (Aircraft Galley Inserts) for their continuous airworthiness, and meet customer requirements and requests.
Documents types are Components Maintenance Manuals (CMM), Service Bulletins (SB), Service letters (SL), and User Manuals (UM).
1. Understand and apply ZXAI standards, processes and best practices.
2. Assist in developing new ZXAI standards, processes and best practices when required.
3. Plan, develop, organize, write and edit user manuals, maintenance manuals, service bulletins and service letters.
4. Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
5. Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
6. Analyse documents to maintain continuity of style of content
7. Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
8. Work with internal teams to understand product documentation requirements
9. Create strong content that fulfils company standards and audience goals
10. Write straight-forward user tutorials and interface text
11. Analyse current content and make improvements as necessary
12. Study drawings, specifications, mock-ups, and product samples.
13. Release the document following final approval.
1. Must possess proven experience in creating technical documents and understand Safran Cabin products
2. Min 3 years of experience in Technical writing is required.
4. Demonstrated ability as a self-starter
5. Willingness to learn new skills and develop existing ones.
6. Proven experience working in a technical writing position
7. Working knowledge of using STE (Simplified technical English) in creating technical content and explain scientific and technical ideas in simple language.
8. Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
10. Basic knowledge of using a CAD software is preferred
11. Familiarity with mechanical assemblies, exploded views, wire management and plumbing is highly preferred.
12. Strong attention to detail
13. Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
Knowledge of industry writing specifications (ATA iSpec2200)
Accredited High School Diploma/GED, AS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent preferred.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x260 or (800) 927-9318 x260
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.