- 180898 - Inventory Site Specialist
- NY-New York
- Up to $20.00 DOE
- 4 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Inventory Site Specialist for an opening in Bohemia, NY.
This position is primarily focused on the Customer Service and Order Management aspects of Managed Services. Position will utilize the advanced functionality of systems and applications such as: RIMS, PacTrac, SAP; SciQuest &/or WorkDay and the Microsoft Office suite of programs. Customer interface communication skills are required. It is also expected that this position will have an understanding of performance metrics, and the ability to capture necessary data pertaining to individuals or team activities. Data integrity and attention to detail are paramount.
Pending position placement, other activities may include the following customer service aspects of Managed Services: order entry, order expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of back orders, vendor and customer interaction, problem resolution, executing 3rd party & agent buys.
• Processes Customer Orders via fax, email, telephone, including special requests or special orders.
• Handles customer questions and issues, researches and resolves customer problems.
• Expediting backorders
• Tracing carrier shipments
• Providing proof of delivery
• Broken product
• Missing product
• Short/over shipments
• Incorrect deliveries
• Other Carrier issues
• Product questions (specifications)
• Cross referencing/alternative/equivalents
• Product quality or packaging complaints
• Process customer returns and credits
• Other assigned duties
• Daily review of EDI rejections
• Daily review of credit memos
• Capital equipment order entry
• Manages customer standing orders
• Manages an assigned dedicated account with special requirements
• Formats back order or other reports
• Web administration
• Completes customer pricing quotes via telephone, fax, email.
• Interacts with Sales Team to ensure regular communication on customer issues and sales leads.
• Must possess a High School Diploma.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English.
• Must have three to five years of progressive relevant experience.
• Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
• Must be customer focused to deliver excellent customer service including maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
• Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
• Must possess strong analytical skills to reconcile various reports to ensure customer requirement are met, and to capture, present and explain job or site specific performance metrics.
• Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office Suite software.
• Displays a High Level of Confidentiality for both Customer and Client.
• Maintains Client’ Four-I Values.
• Customer Focused: good interpersonal skills, enjoys interacting with people
• Communication Skills: Verbal and written proficiency to concisely delivery a clear and accurate message
• Active Listening Skills: Listen to customer requirements to understand root cause and mirror customer style
• Telephone Skills: Maintain helpful tone and attitude throughout contact, portrays a professional image.
• Problem Solving Skills/Questioning Skills: Asks effective questions to find key indicators to resolve problem
• Decision making Skills: Follows procedures and code of ethics, makes decisions based on collection of facts, makes decisions and executes, open to new ideas, sensitive to costs
• Team Player: Is result oriented and uses and shares resources within team, vigilant of metrics and supports peers
• Organization and Time Management Skill: Can handle high volume of interactions from a variety of mediums, prioritizes and meets deadlines, can multitask and able to work under pressure. Excellent follow up skills to ensure task completion.
• Ability to handle difficult customers: Stays calm while handling challenging customer, Shows Empathy, Guides customer to stay on task.
In office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments. May be required to work independently at customer location. A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis. Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 50 lbs.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.