- 180928 - Designer / Checker
- Up to $37.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Designer / Checker for an opening in Arlington, TX.
• Plan, layout and revise detailed electrical parts, assemblies, and installation engineering drawings from basic layouts, established references, and standard data such as structures, devices, mechanics, electrical, or electronics
• Utilize computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as, AutoCAD and SolidWorks
• Complete details of major layout drawings prepared by others in accordance with standard engineering drafting practices
• Prepare specifications for parts lists, assemblies, and installations
• Prepare complete production detail drawings
• Contribute design modifications to improve quality of product or facilitate manufacturing operations
• Checking of electrical and mechanical drawings
• A minimum of 7 years recent relevant experience
• Experience with AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks
• Possess skills to prioritize assignments and flexibility to adjust to highest priorities depending on the program needs
• Must be familiar with Mil Std 100 / 1000 and MIL 31000T, ANSI Y14 drawings standards and aerospace documentation practices
• Experience in Model Based Design
• Working with additive manufacturing techniques
• Experience with documentation of designs for additive manufacturing
• Checking experience
Accredited Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
9/80, 7:00am - 04:30pm
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.