- 180990 - Scientist II
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- Up to $29.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Scientist II for an opening in Carlsbad, CA.
• Responsible for qualifying product(s) in a lab setting following standard operating procedures. Will utilize basic laboratory techniques, calculations, materials measurement, operation of laboratory equipment and record keeping necessary to qualify products.
• Will perform various assays which may include the following: PCR, qPCR, Bioanalyzer, HPLC, HPIC, small/medium nucleic acid purification, Polyacrylamide and Agarose Gel Electrophoresis, Cloning and Transformation, FRET.
• Responsible for specification batch records and other work order documents.
• Utilize specialized technical knowledge and skills to make detailed observations and analyze data to ensure within operating parameters. Advise manager of factors that may affect quality of product. Suggest and execute on options/ideas for corrective actions.
• Will initiate and process own problem notifications for deviations and material nonconformance.
• Maintain equipment, product inventories and related records as assigned. Note variances on documents; audit and evaluate process documents and propose revisions. Complete, distribute and file records as required in accordance with Document Control Practices.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of scientific laboratory techniques, equipment and materials required.
• Experience in the use of standard laboratory techniques including end point, quantitative (real-time) and Reverse Transcriptase PCR; experience with analytical instruments such as Bioanalyzer, HPLC and HPIC; experience with small/medium nucleic acid purification, Polyacrylamide and Agarose Gel Electrophoresis, Cloning and Transformation, SDS-Page Analysis, Western Blotting, and other protein characterization techniques.
• Experience working safely within a radiation and/or BSL2 laboratory
• Experience in ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and/or GMP manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated efforts to support continuous improvement
• Is energized working in a fast-paced environment
• Consistent, dependable and accurate in carrying out responsibilities
• Displays positive attitude toward job and others
• Results oriented and data driven
• Demonstrated ability to carry out scientific procedures and make recommendations for improvement required.
• Greets challenge and change as opportunity
• Is curious, inquisitive, innovative, never satisfied with the status quo
• Excellent documentation and communication skills
• Regularly required to lift up to 20 pounds.
• May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
• May intermittently sit at desk/lab bench for a long period of time to perform experiments, write, and use a keyboard to communicate through written means.
• Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
• Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other related discipline and 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing or research laboratory -OR-
Master’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other related discipline and 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing or research laboratory.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.