- 181805 - Avionic Technician
- Newport News
- $30 to $32.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Avionic Technician - DOT for an opening in Newport News, VA.
Performs a wide variety of mechanical/structural removal, installation, repair and modification to aircraft, engines and components in accordance with OEM maintenance manuals to include FAA approved engineering data/drawings, supporting company policies/procedures and/or supervisory instructions. Reviews all work for conformance to maintenance manual/ modification specifications and documents all such data on approved company maintenance forms. Performs other related tasks as required.
• Responsible for performing routine maintenance and major “Learjet” inspections to include 12,000 Hour, and 12-year inspections; trouble-shoot, repair and perform modifications of airframe components and associated equipment; engine removal and installation; operating/maintaining company “Special Mission Equipment;” component repair and overhaul. Performs Learjet 35, 35A, 36 and 36A airframe and engine OEM maintenance.
• Must have experience with basic hand tools and demonstrate knowledge of mechanical skills.
• Requires the ability to read, interpret and work from engineering drawings, blueprints, T.O. specs and engineering specifications.
• Ability to assemble close tolerance parts and use hand tools such as pneumatic drills and rivet gun.
• MUST have own tools - tools must be shadowed and marked per tool control guidelines.
• MUST be eligible to work any shift and overtime as required. This includes the ability to work nights and weekends as required.
• Avionics background and training with 3-6 years Learjet or 6 years with Corporate Jet Aircraft/ Military experience.
• A valid Airframe & Powerplant License is strongly preferred.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to climb ladders, stairs and portable stands and navigate these without assistance. Must be able to work at heights 20 feet above the ground. Must be able to work in extreme heat/cold. Must be able to work in the following environmental conditions: noise, vibration, proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, chemicals, odors, dust. Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, balance, push, pull, kneel, grasp, crouch, crawl, work in narrow aisles/passageways, and work in close spaces that restrict movement including aircraft fuel tanks for extended periods of time. Must be able to stand for sustained periods of time. Must have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes. Must be able to lift/maneuver up to 50 pounds.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Friday Ending, Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Additional hours may be required depending on business needs, and you may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.