- 181842 - Engineering Technician
- NY-New York
- 3 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineering Technician for an opening in Fairport, NY.
Responsible for detailed communication with Supervisors & Maintenance about current state of automation related concerns. This also includes detailed communication with Automation Engineering on future department needs.
· Determines root cause of failures and problems with automation equipment.
· Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a broad manufacturing base
· Troubleshoot & support:
o Various PLC formats with heavy emphasis on Allen-Bradley PLC/HMI hardware and software: SLC, PLC, ContolLogix, Panelview
o A wide variety of automation technologies, including: Robots, Printing (Pad/Screen/Offset/InkJet), Ultrasonic Welders, Vision Systems, Leak Testers, Labelers, Capping Equipment, reamers & other finishing equipment.
· Works with equipment vendors to solve automation problems & increase self-knowledge.
· Interacts with molding setups & process engineering to solve component related issues & their effect on the automation process.
· Support Automation Engineering with installation of improvements & new Automation.
· Coaches Automation Associates in work centers supporting root cause troubleshooting.
· Develop / modify procedures & training guidelines as needed for automation processes.
· Read & modify electrical schematics as needed for automation equipment.
· Designs, sketches & dimensions improvements to existing automation systems
· Tracks & helps maintain automation data (stops, scrap, etc…) to support continuous improvement process. Uses PPI tools and Lean techniques to analyze data and improve processes.
· 5+ years related automated equipment experience.
Accredited Associate’s degree in Engineering or a technical discipline. Equivalent experience may be considered, but only with a demonstrated record of self-development and continuous learning.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.