- 181898 - Quality Inspector-Production I
- NJ-New Jersey
- Wall Township
- 3 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Quality Inspector-Production I for an opportunity in Wall Township, NJ
Inspects, audits and reports on materials, processes and products used in the construction of aircraft interiors using variable or attribute measuring instruments and techniques to ensure conformance with the company’s quality standards.
erforms first article inspection (FAI) of newly designed or revised products. Inspection of incoming products to ensure proper paperwork is received and parts conform to specifications, engineering and purchase order. In-process inspection of parts being manufactured. Inspects sub-assemblies used in the construction of aircraft interiors and all final products prior to shipment. Interprets and reads engineering drawings, company and customer specifications to ensure accurate part manufacturing.
• Demonstrate leadership qualities, assume responsibilities, complete assignments in a timely manner, and have the ability to work within a team structure.
• Product and procedural knowledge of various product lines.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision to solve or assist in solving inspection and manufacturing problems by collecting and analyzing data.
• Understand and apply all aspects of the Quality System including: QSM, QSP’s, QB’s, SOD’s, checklists, ATP’s and ATR’s.
• Must have good written and verbal skills and ability to communicate professionally with other departments and/or customer or government representatives during inspection activities.
• Verify that manufactured items meet the latest applicable revision, drawings and/or specification using measuring and test equipment (M&TE).
• Complete all inspection paperwork to assure identification and traceability and use specified identification techniques to assure state of inspection and separation of conforming and nonconforming product.
• Perform Preliminary Material Review Board (PMRB) dispositions for discrepant parts during various manufacturing stages utilizing experience of products’ form, fit and function; and understanding of customer’s specifications and requirements.
• Participate in quality audit and the recommendation of improvements in product process and documentation to achieve optimum quality.
• Other duties as assigned.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.