- 181969 - Electrical Engineer
- Grand Prairie
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electrical Engineer for an opportunity in Grand Prairie, TX.
- Support new product development in providing solutions to problems with electronic circuitry. Analyze problems and identify design solutions as applicable.
- Lead component engineering activities such as parts obsolescence, lifecycle management, parts library administration, design compliance analysis, part selection & qualification
- Implement designs changes through ECOs. Evaluate design change requests for relevance and correctness. Develop, design, and modify products to the defined requirements including analysis, laboratory tests, simulation, and field evaluation to assure compliance to project and customer and industry requirements; prepare the documents required to define the products and show verification of analytics.
- Provide technical assistance to all internal departments, suppliers, and customers as it relates to the product.
- Provide test and evaluation support including input to ATP and QTP test plans and procedures.
- Work with other engineering disciplines (mechanical, optics, quality, and manufacturing) to accomplish cross-functional designs and integration of designs. Participate in design reviews.
- Support the creation of stress analyses and apply proper component derating factors for each project.
- Modifies existing products to support customer and manufacturing, to achieve regulatory compliance, and meet applicable industry standards, while satisfying market requirements.
- Analyzes electronics and electrical designs (analog) by hand and by using analysis tools such as LTSpice.
- Provide component engineering support to other electrical engineers and PCB layout designers
- Maintain OrCAD CIP and CIS part library, generate spec control drawings for electrical components
- Create or calculate reliability analysis, stress analysis, and Failure Modes and Effects analysis (FMEA).
- Participate on multi-discipline concurrent development and corrective action teams.
- Prepare, review, and approve the documentation required to define and control products. Prepare design proposals to present to customer once design is finalized. Support design reviews, both customer and internal as required.
- Coordinate and support the prototype manufacturing of products.
- Create and implement test procedures for products based on product requirements and customer specifications. Monitor testing and analyze data to verify performance of the prototype product to customer and design specifications. Review and approve test reports.
- Conduct failure analysis examinations and prepare Failure Analysis Reports (FAR) of findings.
- Provide technical support to all internal departments, suppliers, and customers as it relates to the product
- Create new circuit designs and advanced methodologies to support the Technical Roadmap of the organization
- Provide Subject matter expertise on all areas of Electrical and Electronic Engineering designs.
- Experience in analog and circuit design (digital is a plus), which includes ADC and DAC circuits design, DC - DC converter power supply design, constant current source design, FPGAs.
- Experience with LED drive circuitry, Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) dimming, signal conditioning
- Hands on experience in bench top prototype circuit verification, PCB layout verification, familiar with electrical and electronics test equipment.
- Experience with Cadence/Allegro OrCAD Schematic Capture, PCB Designer, LTSpice is a must
- Proficient in trouble shooting of circuit and system failures, EMI test failures, etc.
- Knowledge of PDM system (Enovia) for documentation control and workflow is desired
- Experience with stress analysis and component parts derating.
- EMI expert
- DO-160G experienced
- Test procedure redaction
- PCB design for build to spec
- FPGA electronic experienced
- D0-254 certification experienced
- Test witness able to troubleshoot on-site
- Validation & Verification of electro-mechanical system
- Experience with DO-160
- Experience with DO-254
- Experience with DFMA, DFSS and DOE.
Accredited bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or electronics engineering from an accredited institution
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x246 or (800) 927-9318 x246
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.