- 181998 - Software Engineer
- Fort Wroth
- 12 MONTHS
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Softwarel Engineer for an opportunity in Fort Worth, TX
The candidate will perform software development activities related to the modeling of military systems and scenarios in an advanced US government simulation environment called the Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling (AFSIM). The candidate will be responsible for software enhancements to AFSIM to meet the needs of both constructive analysis and virtual Operator in the Loop (OITL) experiments. These activities support requirements development, Concept of Operations (CONOPS) evaluation, operational and cost effectiveness studies, and military utility assessments being performed by the Operations Analysis team. This will require the candidate to apply system & software engineering skills to solve technical engineering problems and develop software capabilities to meet analysis needs.
This specific position will involve C++ software development in areas such as:
• Developing Graphical User Interface (GUI) panels integrated with the AFSIM Warlock OITL application to execute operator actions controlling platforms in the simulation.
• Developing associated graphics and visualization capabilities using Open GL (OGL) and OpenSceneGraph (OSG)
• Development of custom AFSIM software plugins in C++ integrating detailed algorithms relating to sensor performance, battle management, weapons, and resource management and allocation algorithms
Experience developing software using C, C#, C++, or Java
• Knowledge of Object Oriented Design (OOD)
• Experience developing Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) in environments such as Qt
• Experience with graphics and visualization software such as Open GL and OSG
• Background in Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis (MS&A)
• Familiarity with government engagement and mission level simulations such as Brawler, ESAMS, EADSIM, Suppressor, or AFSIM
• Knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl and Python
• Experience developing software using the Visual Studio development environment
• Familiarity with software version control tools
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment
Accredited BS or BA degree or above in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, or other Science related discipline
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.