- 182063 - Scientist
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- Up to $24.94 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Scientist for an opening in Carlsbad, CA.
We are seeking a Scientist I/II to join our R&D team for development of next generation sequencing assays for use in clinical laboratories. Responsibilities will include sample preparation, library preparation, instrument operation, and data analysis. A background in molecular biology, biochemistry, or similar discipline is required. Significant hands-on experience in a molecular biology laboratory setting is a must.
• Working with a multidisciplinary technology team for the development of next generation sequencing assays that will be used in clinical laboratories.
• Responsibilities will include sample preparation, instrument operation and data analysis.
• Next generation sequencing using the Ion Torrent Technology
• Development of diagnostic assays that comply with various regulatory standards
• Development of testing protocols and compilation of project reports
• Product verification and validation
A background in molecular biology, biotechnology or biochemistry is required.
• Strong skills in molecular biology (including DNA, RNA and protein handling, PCR, qPCR, quantification methods)
• Knowledge of basic data analysis and interpretation (proficient in Microsoft Office)
• Basic knowledge of genomics
• Ability to follow molecular biology protocols and strictly adhere to all steps
• Be comfortable working in a large and busy laboratory with many other team members
• Work experience in a clinical laboratory or core laboratory facility
• Experience with design control documentation
• Broad knowledge of sequencing and molecular amplification methods
• Experience with NGS
Accredited BS Degree, 3+ years/ MS Degree, 1+ years of industry/academic experience
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.