- 182135 - Project Manager II
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- Up to $30.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Project Manager for an opening in Carlsbad, CA.
This project management role will provide order support for the custom orders placed in a large multi-mix manufacturing facility. They will manage order execution in coordination with procurement and planning, monitoring all phases of the supply chain. A successful candidate will succeed if they have strong communication skills and can relay order progress details to external and internal customers. Common tasks outside of cross functional coordination, may include order entry in Oracle E1 ERP system, Infrastructure and technical documentation creation and control, deviation and non-conforming material investigation and reporting, and change management. The role will be highly cross functional working with a local team of 8 project managers, and interfacing with commercial managers, and customers from all over the world. Initial technology will be focused on Next Generation Sequencing, but can cross into Molecular, Cellular Biology, Protein and Cell analysis, Antibodies and Immuno-assays and Sample Prep.
· Represent Manufacturing and Operations for new commercial opportunities associated with custom products and sizes.
· Oversee the activities of all operations aspects involved in manufacturing of custom orders.
· Develop and maintain detailed plans and schedules for all tasks owned by Manufacturing/Operations.
· Prepare written work instructions and manufacturing product documentation.
· Implement developmental outputs into product infrastructure, SKU creation, manufacturing process, documentation and procedures.
· Direct extended team activities.
· Effective and consistent communication of progress and challenges to all project stakeholders including, but not limited to, the customer, the project core team, functional department managers/supervisors, site leaders and extended team members.
· Manage multiple projects using project management best practices.
· Manage communication and deliverables for local site projects.
· Asses feasibility and cost for new opportunities as they arise
· Other duties as assigned.
· Verbal and written fluency in English.
· Education and experience in chemistry, biochemistry, assay development and/or light industrial process applications is required.
Preferable Skills and Attributes:
· Understanding of ISO 9001:2015
· Demonstrated documentation and communication skills.
· Proficient use of MSOffice, MS Project, MS Teams and Visio.
· Strong project management skills and knowledge.
· Ability to solve multilevel problems quickly and easily.
· Effective interdepartmental interactions.
· Continually looking at ways to improve processes.
· Personable, perpetuating a can-do positive attitude.
· Experience with E1 and Agile systems.
Accredited Bachelor's degree (B.A., B.S., etc.) from four-year college or university and 2+ years post undergraduate experience in developing reagents for regulated/non-regulated markets, or 2+ years post undergraduate experience in a chemistry/biotechnology manufacturing environment, producing/developing products for the biotech/pharma/molecular diagnostic markets. M.S and 1+ years post undergraduate experience in a biotechnology manufacturing environment manufacturing/developing products for regulated/non-regulated markets.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.