- 182176 - Engineering Manager
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineering Manager for an opening in Huntsville, AL.
"An exciting opportunity in our Missile Defense and Space Systems organization for a Modeling, Simulation, and Systems Analysis Manager."
This functional management position provides oversight to a geographically distributed team responsible for developing simulations and models and guidance, navigation, and control systems and performing systems analyses for multiple programs including small satellites, projectiles, and missiles.
• Supervises a group of engineers with expertise in software development, modeling and simulation, guidance, navigation, flight controls, mission planning, and fire control.
• Provides career path counseling to staff members.
• Ensures Client processes are understood and followed by Systems Analysis staff members.
• Responsible for reviewing, interviewing, and selecting Systems Analysis candidates to enhance the group's skill depth and breadth.
• Coordinates with program managers to assign appropriately skilled personnel to tasks.
• Supports interactions with internal and external stakeholders and customers to identify user needs.
• Supports development of staffing/resource plans, master schedules, status reports, program management reviews, etc.
• Leads team responsible for the development of flight vehicle 3-DoF and 6-DoF simulations, subsystem and component models of varying degrees of fidelity, and system simulations.
• Leads team responsible for the development of documentation for the simulations, models, algorithms, and systems being developed.
• Leads team responsible for conducting performance analyses and trade studies for a variety of air vehicles and small satellites.
• Drives rapid resolution of delays that impact systems analysis activities.
• Communicates effectively in real-time with leadership.
• Collaborates daily with Client personnel across all functional disciplines as well as customer representatives.
• Develops subcontractor statements of work and coordinate with subcontract administrators.
• Supports proposal development through contributions to technical volumes, cost basis of estimates, work breakdown structure development, schedule definition, and peer reviews.
• Provides documentation and makes technical presentations as required.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Demonstrates technical expertise in the application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice as well as project management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
• Must possess the ability to resolve complex management and technical problems.
• Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
• Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
• A Professional Engineering License, and original work(s) published in professional engineering journals are desirable.
• Accredited Bachelors, Masters or PhD in engineering or a related technical field as well as eleven or more years of progressively complex engineering experience with at least five of those years having management responsibilities.
• May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x250 or (800) 927-9318 x250
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.