- 182209 - Assemble
- 12 MONTHS
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler for an opportunity in Clearwater, FL
Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables. Works from diagrams and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws. Makes continuity checks on work in process and completed. May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications. May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a SMT touch up or rework assembler and have above average surface mount and fine pitch soldering skills.
• Ability to hand solder components using soldering station
• Use microscope to verify correct part placement and orientation, manually align parts before soldering and perform post re-flow inspection and touch-up.
• Able to identify and touch up poor wetted solder joints, solder voids, insufficient solder, solder shorts, solder bridges, misaligned parts or leads, tombstoned and or billboarded components and any other solder defects that may occur during the SMT operation.
• Able to read instructions, identify standard SMT components and interpret assembly drawings.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment where some overtime may be required.
• Able to sit for long periods of time and focus on tedious tasks.
• Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to work in a team oriented environment
• Experience working in a LEAN Manufacturing environment.
• Have basic computer skills and have the ability to use several windows based programs as part of your daily routine.
• IPC-610 or IPC J-STD-001 Certification
Accredited High School Diploma/GED or BS+4-8 YRS or MS+2-6 YRS
Full-Time, 9/80A-2nd Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.