- 182457 - A&P Sheet Metal Mechanic
- Eglin AFB
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sheet Metal Mechanic for an opening in Eglin AFB, FL.
The A&P Helicopter Sheet Metal Mechanic will function as a hangar/line maintenance specialist and be responsible for performing helicopter inspection maintenance in accordance with operating manuals, polices, and procedures. The desired candidate will be experienced enough to work not only alone in a productive, self-driven way, but also act as part of a team with one or two other team members to help each other develop and perfect their maintenance servicing skills. The needed Sheet Metal Mechanic must have combination structures / composite experience to include close-tolerance hole drilling, fracture and composite repair to perform necessary repairs per FRM, SRM / NDI manuals as needed; and when needed fill in or help as needed with the hangar / line maintenance inspection / repairs. A&P General Mechanic knowledge and experience to perform aircraft daily, hourly, periodical hangar / line scheduled/unscheduled aircraft maintenance / inspections required. The desired candidate will also be experienced at towing, securing, performing operational, pre- / thru- / post- flight checks as well as fueling/defueling aircraft. The candidate should be able to:
• Communicate with on-site manager, A&P IA supervisors, and co-workers in a timely, effective way
• Work on own as well function as part of a team
• Assure inspections, maintenance and repairs are done in accordance with procedures described in the company’s FAA Repair Station Manuals as well as with FAA Regulations and manufacturer instructions
• Understand and work within restrictions of Air Force AFI 21-101 and DCMA 8210.1C
• Use sound judgment and technical aptitude to make good decisions regarding job sequence and techniques, troubleshooting and discrepancy resolution – to maximize safety, quality and efficiency and adhere to agreed-upon deadlines
• Operate with the highest level of ethics, integrity, safety, quality and honesty
• Lift equipment and materials weighing up to 35 pounds.
• Climb ladders, work from heights, apply finger and hand dexterity in using hand tools, be able to move around the shop/hangar area and within aircraft continuously throughout the workday
• Have computer usage expertise, including MSFT Office, for digital inventory, tool checkout, inspection / maintenance data entry, etc.
•Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certification is REQUIRED
• 4+ years of helicopter / rotor wing maintenance experience inspecting, overhauling, and maintaining turbine engine helicopters required
• Be flexible, dependable, and work assigned shifts
• Be the upmost Safety, Quality, Tool and FOD control conscious
• 2+ years recent experience on AW-139 preferred
• AW-139 Experience preferred.
• Experience as an FAA Part 145 Repair Station A&P mechanic is desired.
Accredited High School Diploma or GED required; Two-year degree in aviation discipline desired.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.