- 182565 - Cable Assembler
- Colorado Springs
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Cable Assembler for an opportunity in Colorado Springs, CO
This position will perform a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies such as cables and harnesses.
• Production of wire harness and cable assemblies using hand and/or power tools (including specialized crimpers, drills, soldering tools, screwdrivers, torque wrenches, wire strippers, precision measuring instruments, etc.)
• Daily cable and harness techniques (wire cutting, stripping, cable prep and layup, connectorization, crimping, soldering, jacketing, braiding, molding, use of lacing tape and spot ties for open wire bundles, testing, etc.)
• Comfortable building Cat5e/Cat6 cables
• Ability to read and understand the customer drawings, parts list, wire list, specifications and assembly router for step-by-step instructions on how to manufacture the wire harness and cable assembly
• Make continuity checks on work in process and completed assemblies
• Conduct in-process inspections on product in accordance with quality specifications
• Work collaboratively with Management team to correct and improve upon any documents related to the assembly process
• Ability to read and comprehend procedures written in English
• Displayed comprehension of assembly practices and technologies
• Familiarity with assembly tools, processes, and terminology
• Experience with proper pinning, crimping, and stripping methods
• Ability to distinguish colors is required
• Technical knowledge of electronics and mechanical designs; must be able to read and understand customer drawings
• Understanding of the application and functioning of test equipment
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Individual must be able to work at the pace necessary to meet customer demands with minimal supervision
• Understanding or experience with regulatory requirements and general safety
• Self-motivated team player.
• IPC Solder and Rework Certified a plus
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with assembly of electrical wiring harnesses or equivalent assembly experience
• Lift up to 30 pounds.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Full-Time, 9/80A-1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.