- 182781 - Scientist II
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Scientist II for an opening in Carlsbad, CA.
The Scientist II, Molecular Biology position will be working with a multidisciplinary technology team for the development of next generation sequencing platforms and consumables. Responsibilities will include sample preparation, instrument calibration and operation, and data analysis and software testing. A background in biophysics, bioengineering, molecular biology or biochemistry is required. Eligible candidates will contribute to:
• Next generation sequencing
• Assay development
• Sample processing
• Basic understanding of nucleic acid analysis and PCR
• Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
• Ability to work independently and in coordination with a team of scientists
• Ability to multi-task and have good time management skills
• Should be flexible with changing plans and schedules
• Experience in product developmen
• Basic understanding of statistical analysis
• 6 months - 1 year industry experience in NGS related field
Accredited B.S. in molecular biology, biochemistry or equivalent disciplines
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.