- 182798 - Buyer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $30 to $35.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Buyer for an opening in Anaheim, CA.
Under supervision, sources and purchases equipment, tools, raw material, packaging materials, direct and indirect material, services, and/or supplies necessary for operation of an organization. Reviews supplier proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, follows up orders placed, verifies delivery, monitors payment, and maintains necessary purchase order documentation packages. Possesses general understanding of Terms and Conditions, FAR, DFAR, and ISO. Comfortable in meeting with Suppliers, participating in supplier surveys with team and playing an active role in the process. Plays an active role with the Integrated Program Teams in disseminating supplier delivery information, potential lead time issues or other factors that affect the business/revenue plans. Some local travel. Movement between multiple tasks and balancing priorities is a necessity of this position. Duties will be varied in nature, requiring the solving of unusual problems. Moderate planning is required.
• Researches supplier’s products and capabilities
• Solicits quotations from potential sources
• Evaluates and selects supply sources; verifies that selected source is acceptable to requisitioner, if required
• Assists general negotiations (as required) with suppliers to achieve positive results
• Places purchase orders for requisitioned items
• Accumulates information and becomes knowledgeable of supplier products and capabilities via the internet, print catalogs, correspondence, telephone, or person contact
• Provides reports and status on open purchase orders on a regular basis
• Maintains purchase order documentation in compliance with policies and procedures
• Ensures timely delivery of materials & services of acceptable quality & best value consistent with IEC reqmts & est. budgets
• Establishes & maintains adequate liaison with requisitioning dept./ individual (operations, development eng, industrial eng., manufacturing eng, quality eng, etc…) as well as operating depts as required
• Performs duties under minimal supervision of the Procurement Manager /Lead and/or direction from senior purchasing staff
• Performs purchasing duties of considerable scope and authority
• (Purchase authority) Makes purchase commitments in conformance with IEC purchasing policies and procedures
• Performs other duties as assigned
• 2 years related experience.
• DOD, Government agency, and drawing interpretation experience preferred
• Experience with CostPoint a plus.
• Aptitude in real time MRP/ERP environment.
• Skilled in computer software/applications, such as MS Office Suite & SharePoint, Internet Explorer & Adobe Acrobat.
Accredited BA/BS in Business Administration/Management, Finance or Supply Chain/Material Management or similar major is required
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x254 or (800) 927-9318 x254
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.