- 182801 - General Accountant 3
- $43 to $45.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a General Accountant 3 for an opening in Rockwall, TX.
Seeking high energy, experienced accountant to work in this fast-paced Shared Service accounting environment. This position will support large scale divisions in all aspects of general accounting to include the recording of expenses, accruals, revenue recognition and financial reporting. Partnering with the supported divisions is a key aspect of success in this position and an investment in learning important aspects of the business and collaborating with business personnel to ensure accurate and appropriate accounting and reporting is required.
* Must have 6-9 yrs of accounting exp. with BS and 4-7 yrs with MS with comprehensive knowledge of GAAP
* Exp. in the monthly, quarterly & annual close process, to include journal entry preparation
* Knowledge/Exposure to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements
* Competence in SAP and/or Deltek Cost Point is preferred
* Previous exp. in Shared Service environment is a plus
* CPA Certification preferred but not required
You will demonstrate success by:
* Being a self-starter
* Being able to work independently
* Having the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
* Being well organized and detail oriented
* Making decisions
* Being a Team Player
* Demonstrating ability to meet deadlines with high quality work.
Accredited BS or MS degree in Accounting, Finance, or MBA
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.