- 182809 - Material Handler II
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- San Diego
- $21 to $24.00 DOE
- 9 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Material Coordinator for an opening in San Diego, CA.
Perform the logistics activities, which includes receiving, shipping, storing, and kitting of hardware.
" Export/Import Control :
- The movement of product out of the county in compliance with federal, state, local regulations.
- Will ensure international documentation requirements for courier and other small package shipments are complete.
- Document all exports and imports on shipping/receiving log.
" Receiving :
- Ensure the expected TAT (Turn Around Time) is met for receiving activities: Administrative + Visual Inspection + Routing to the right Inventory Bin/Quality Station.
- Works with Customs to prevent and/or resolve possible issues
- Works with Procurement to prevent and/or resolve possible issues
- Receive material; verify parts by part number, serial number and quantity.
- Prepare parts for storage and place stock in proper location as directed.
- Load and unload trucks and move raw material to the proper location.
- Stock office supplies once received.
" Inventory :
- Insure a 99% accuracy of the inventory
- Perform inventory cycle count.
" Kitting :
- Prepare the engine kit before assembly
- Works with Shop Supervisor, Planner and Turbine Technician to support the Production Flow
- Insure the expected TAT (Turn Around Time) is met for shipping activities
- Prepare hazardous material shipments as needed.
- Prepare packaging per specifications for shipment including computer input for necessary labels, forms and shipping records.
- Adhere to shipping instructions as referenced on company documents or customer specifications or standards related to preservation and packing.
- Prepare air bills, bills of lading and sales order forms for the carrier and company records.
- Contact carriers for dispatching shipments and tracking follow-up information when required.
- Continuously look for improvement in the processes
" Minimum 3 years of experience in logistics and inventory management.
" Experience with Microsoft Office required
" Experience with SAP a plus
" Working experience in a high quality assembly shop environment is highly preferred
" Ability to multitask with great attention to details
" Excellent oral and written communication skills
" Excellent customer service skills
" Excellent analytical skills
" Export and Import Control knowledge
" Most important, the candidate must demonstrate a strong leadership and work ethic.
" DOT Hazardous Materials ground and IATA air shipment training
" Must be able to lift 25lbs and operate a crane and other logistics equipment.
" While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
" Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
" The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
"operating a forklift is not a requirement but a bonus for this position.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.