- 183129 - Manufacturing Technician
- CA-Bay Area
- Up to $25.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manufacturing Technician for an opening in Pleasanton, CA.
This Manufacturing Technician is responsible for using standard production practices to perform tasks essential to the production of life science instruments. This individual will provide tactical floor support to our in-house manufacturing lines by assembling electro-mechanical subassemblies and conduct manufacturing tests. He or she will receive general instructions on routine work activities and detailed instructions on new assignments.
• Build and test subassemblies and/or instrument systems by following procedures and verbal instructions.
• Identify, resolve, record and report failures/defects during manufacturing,
• Assist engineers in developing and implementing BOMs and assembly/test procedures.
• Disposition defective products. Perform rework and quality testing.
• Create and maintain neat, legible, complete notebook records and data sheets for manufacturing tests.
• Develop and maintain organized, efficient and safe lab and production areas.
• Must have strong attention to detail and able to work well under pressure in order to meet production deadlines.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to work independently and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner with minimal routine supervision.
• Must have good manual dexterity and be able to assemble small components.
• Must have demonstrated ability to read, understand and follow assembly drawings, diagrams, and procedures.
• Must be well organized, dependable and self motivated.
• Experience in ISO9001 manufacturing environment prefferred.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills.
• Must be committed to working in a 6S environment.
• Must be able to follow Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Documentation Practices.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED,AA degree in technical field desired.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.