- 183162 - Senior Accounting Specialist
- $40 to $50.00 DOE
- 5 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Accounting Specialist for an opening in Philadelphia, PA.
In this role you will complete a variety of accounting related duties, including compliance oversight, general ledger analysis, and support of key accounting processes (revenue, accruals, SOX, AR/AP, financial statement preparation). The ideal candidate is a self-starter who enjoys working under limited supervision and enjoys working a variety of areas in the accounting department, being flexible to step in where needed and provide guidance and support to other team members.
• Supports a wide scope of accounting processes, including A/P, Payroll, Fixed Assets, A/R, General Accounting & Financial Statement preparation.
• Assists with month-end closing process, including posting of journal entries, completion of balance sheet reconciliations, review of financial statements, and upload of financial statements through HFM
• Leads SOX testing process & maintains current & complete documentation for SOX narratives & dept. work instructions.
• Oversees government compliance including Accounting System compliance by reviewing processes & transactional data for adherence to system requirements. Recommends and leads correction actions as needed.
• Analyzes financial statements to assess reasonableness & implements any corrective actions needed to fix data and/or business processes.
• Reviews contracts to determine appropriate revenue recognition consistent w/ASC-606 standards & documents conclusions
• Assists with the preparation of the 10k and year-end tax package reporting schedules.
• Assists with the preparation of internal reporting, including supporting annual and monthly planning and forecasting.
• Assists with preparation of the annual incurred cost submission to the US Government.
• Maintains continuous improvement efforts to ensure optimization.
• Assists with other accounting department tasks and reporting as required.
• Mentor and train other employees.
• Adheres to Sarbanes-Oxley Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFRs) for applicable cycles (EAC, Revenue, etc) as well as GAAP & Corporate Accounting Policies.
• Minimum 8 years of related experience.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours and overtime when needed to meet reporting and deliverable deadlines.
• Highly organized, able to prioritize workload, and meet deadlines.
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially Excel
• Ability to work in a team environment & develop strong working relationships w/coworkers across all departments.
• Understands the requirements of internal customers and provides useful, timely data to assist in the decision-making process.
• Ability to coordinate & communicate effectively (both written & verbal) w/other depts. & customers, both internal & external.
• Ability to be flexible w/work assignments & approp. modify processes/procedures to find best way to complete assigned tasks.
• Ability to work independently and with flexibility in a fast paced and changing environment.
• Public accounting and/or internal audit experience
• CPA, CMA, or Master’s Degree
• Manufacturing industry experience, preferably in defense or aerospace
• Prior experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
• Experience with Infor BAAN or Deltek Costpoint
• Prior financial experience with large multiyear contracts requiring ASC606 over time revenue recognition.
• Understanding of DoD contracting types, policies, and practices, including government-based major system requirements.
• Prior experience with indirect expense budgeting and indirect rate development.
• Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR & DFAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
Accredited Undergraduate or graduate degree of accounting
Friday Ending, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x254 or (800) 927-9318 x254
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.