- 183197 - Purchasing Specialist
- Broken Arrow
- $24 to $26.00 DOE
- 7 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Purchasing Specialist for an opening in Broken Arrow, OK.
In this position, the Purchasing Specialist I is responsible for purchasing activities and has high financial impact to the company. The Purchasing Specialist will analyze technical data, make buying decisions and make transactions responsibly. This role also supports production operations to ensure prompt delivery to customers. Material and supplies purchased must be of suitable quality and sufficient quantity, secured at the best price and available to production operations when needed.
• Implement and monitor cost saving initiatives
• Review applicable customer defined specifications
• Evaluate bids from suppliers and recommend procurement source
• Establish, negotiate, and create purchase contract for inventory purchases
• Create and issue purchase order for inventory items
• Review and maintain purchase order and requisition files/reports
• Negotiate, monitor, and report delivery schedules for all purchase orders
• Participate in continuous improvement process for purchasing and contribute to the teamwork necessary to continuously improve other processes
• Perform other duties/tasks as assigned
• Minimum 2 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
• Minimum 2 years experience analyzing raw material requirements from an MRP or similar system
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to manager numerous projects and meet deadlines
• Experience in contractual aspects of purchasing, preferred
• Knowledge and experience with MS office Suite
• APICS certification is a plus
Accredited Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Supply Chain Management, or Finance
9/80, Day Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.