- 183207 - Sr Hardware Digital Engineer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $63.36 to $67.80 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr Hardware Digital Engineer for an opening in Anaheim, CA.
Performs and takes ownership of a wide range of complex and challenging Electrical Engineering work involving the planning, design and development, integration/testing, verification, and system operation of small signal digital/analog hardware and programmable logic designs, equipment, or systems under low levels of supervision. The Senior Digital Hardware (HW) Engineer will perform the engineering work as governed by our phased development process.
1. Work with Supervisor, project, and engineering leads to drive and complete engineering tasks with high quality that include:
a. Digital HW Engineering architecture design and development
b. Analog and Digital small signal circuit analysis and design, schematic capture, PCB layout support, and BOM development.
c. FPGA programmable logic design and simulation/verification using VHDL.
d. Technical documentation development and delivery (Design Reports, Requirements and Interface Documents, Root Cause Analyses, Technical White Papers, etc.)
2. Execute work mentioned above to meet or exceed the established engineering and company process and procedures as well as best design guidelines.
3. Provide impactful levels of leadership, support, and drive to ensure task completion is met by teams and that project successfully meets requirements.
4. Perform assignments requiring appreciable creativity, originality and ingenuity.
5. Consistently provide clear and concise communication of design and development approach or plans to engineering peers, leads, and management.
6. Provide medium to high levels of guidance, mentorship, and leadership to engineering colleagues and associates.
7. Coordinate the activities of associate engineers or technicians assigned to specific Digital HW Engineering projects.
8. Plan and perform digital engineering research or design development assignments, including responsibility for the Digital HW Engineering of portion of a major project or a project of medium to higher levels of complexity.
9. Concisely translate product specifications into usable Digital HW Engineering data/requirements applicable to the particular assignment.
10. Complete high quality work while meeting budget and schedule constraints.
11. Provide medium to high-level analysis and technical review support during gate reviews and both internal and customer design reviews.
12. Support bid and proposal efforts through requirements analysis, conceptual design, and estimation activities.
13. Provide high-level leadership to smaller engineering teams in alignment with vision of Supervisor to execute work to a high quality standard with focus on requirements compliance.
14. Develop presentation packages and present technical design details and relevant project data for upper management and customers during internal and external meetings/reviews.
15. Timely execute work per directions from project engineer or department manager.
1. Five to 10 years plus experience in the design of mixed signal hardware circuits including FPGAs and CPLDs, ADCs and DACs, microprocessor and DSP processor circuits, linear and switching voltage regulators, clock circuits, active and passive filters, op-amp circuits, communication interfaces and protocols (Ethernet, SPI, SERDES, I2C, Manchester Encoding, etc.), and high speed memory circuits.
2. Five to 10 years plus experience with the design, simulation, and test of FPGA based digital programmable logic designs using industry standard design suites (Xilinx Vivado and ISE preferred) and VHDL.
3. Proven and demonstrated experience in the full life cycle of hardware products from concept to production including system architecture, design implementation, and test/verification.
4. Experience with implementation of FPGA algorithms and various digital signal processing components and systems (Digital filters, transforms, multipliers, mathematical operations).
5. Experience with the decomposition, traceability, and verification of digital design requirements (DOORS experience is desired).
6. Proven experience and excellence in the bring-up, debug and troubleshoot, and test of mixed signal circuit boards and hardware/FPGA/software integration.
7. Proven experience in the lab testing hardware circuits using test equipment including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies, multimeters, and temperature chambers.
8. Demonstrated understanding of signal integrity concepts and best practices/rules for the layout of mixed signal circuits containing both high frequency and noisy signals.
9. Consistent demonstration of exemplary verbal and written communication skills (particularly in the development of project documentation) and an ability to collaborate in a team environment.
10. Experience in developing small signal digital and analog hardware designs and capturing them using industry standard schematic capture tools (Cadence/ORCAD preferred).
11. Previous team lead experience, can-do attitude, self-starter, team player, multi-tasker, good time management skills, and driver of tasks from cradle to grave.
12. Ability to obtain a security clearance.
13. Experience designing to military specifications is desired.
14. Knowledge of microprocessor architectures, the C programming language, and the embedded software development process a plus.
15. Knowledge of Power Systems, PWM, DC and AC power conversion systems is highly desirable.
16. Knowledge of system on chip (SoC) technologies a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as calculus, linear algebra, differential equations, and discrete calculations to designs and analyses. Ability to apply mathematical operations to design tasks using as required: time and frequency domain transforms, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of probability and random processes, discrete sampling theory, and linear systems.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Accredited Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in electri
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.