- 183241 - Data Analyst 2
- Newport News
- $28.5 to $37.50 DOE
- 1 year
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Data Analyst 2 for an opportunity in Newport News, VA.
Designs, develops, and implements methods, processes and systems to consolidate and analyze diverse data sets including structured and unstructured. Develops software programs, algorithms, dashboards, information tools, and queries to clean, model, integrate and evaluate datasets. Keeps abreast of new analytic methodologies and technologies. Collaborates with functional business units to drive business solutions and direction. Develops, inspects, mines, transforms, and models data to raise productivity, improve decision making, and gain competitive advantage. Conducts quantitative and qualitative analysis on data and information to ensure correct predictive forecasting and classification. Manages all aspects of end-to-end data processing utilizing customized report building functions of systems. Maintains analytical systems, verifies the accuracy of data, and acts as a liaison between divisions.
Bachelor's Degree in related field
Minimum Years of Experience
Minimum Years of Experience Other
2 years Master's degree and 0 years of relevant professional experience.
Ideal candidate would hold degree in: Business Analytics, Mathematics (a major in Applied Mathematics, a major in Statistics/Biostatistics, a major in Actuarial Mathematics, or a major in Big Data Analytics), or Engineering.
Candidate must have at least 2 years of working experience as a Database Analyst, SAS Programmer, Business Analytics Expert, Statistician, Predictive Analytics Specialist, Data Scientist, or related fields.
• develops queries, dashboards, and applications to clean, integrate, evaluate, and model reports based on customers’ requirements.
• interfaces between systems analysts and customers to ensure that information technology applications meet the needs of the customer in order to drive business solutions.
• documents product and service requirements and develops testing procedures to ensure applications meet the needs of the business while complying with company and regulatory requirements.
• creates and develops data models to help functional business units to raise productivity, improve decision making, and gain competitive advantage.
• conducts advanced analysis on data and information systems to ensure accurate predictive forecasting models.
• reviews and verifies the validity of system data to ensure reports are accurate.
• reviews and combines raw datasets from across all company sectors to be used for high level company initiatives.
• gathers and analyzes data in order to provide the business with actionable insights into its talent-related decisions.
• gathers and analyzes data for regulatory and compliance filing requirements.
• independently apply critical thinking, statistical skills to develop presentations to tell an influencing story which drives business strategy.
• high level of confidentiality is required.
Bachelor's or Master's degree.
School must be accredited.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x173 or (877) 244-5418 x173
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.