- 183251 - Buyer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Simi Valley
- $25 to $30.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Buyer for an opening in Simi Valley, CA.
Responsible for placing orders for both direct and indirect material required by the facility to operate and to build product, to meet customer specifications and delivery requirements.
• This position reports to the Purchasing Manager
• Follows company policies and procedures in procurement, and represents the company in dealing with outside vendors.
• Analyzes requisitions for accuracy before placing purchase orders.
• Weighs factors including quality, price, delivery and reliability prior to placing order.
• Responds to requests from Estimating Department to provide current supplier price and lead time quotations.
• Negotiates pricing to achieve “fair and reasonable pricing” and confirms scheduled deliveries.
• Completes each procurement package and ensures all Datron Procurement forms are complete and accurate to comply with all Government, Client, and Datron policies, procedures and regulations.
• Maintains a professional working relationship with suppliers to ensure their continued support to provide quality products/services in a timely manner.
• Accepts the primary role of resolving all supplier issues with respect to rejections of delivered product and vendor concerns/complaints.
• Meets with new vendors to learn about new products processes and sources of supply. Maintains alternate sources of supply.
• Informs necessary personnel of items in short supply, problems and purchases varying from the standard company policies.
• Acts as a liaison on rejections and vendor complaints.
• Visits vendors as required.
• Works closely with the Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Assurance and Operations departments to ensure suppliers build and deliver complex parts to drawing requirements.
Strong working knowledge of MRP in a manufacturing environment and the ability to modulate with a dynamic workload from heavy multi-tasking during peak workloads is required. Must be able to coordinate and manage special projects as required while adhering to all company policies, procedures, and ethics codes to ensure that they are communicated and implemented within each project.
Accredited Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent education and experience, and five years purchasing experience in a high-technology manufacturing environment required.
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.