- 183252 - Senior Test Technician
- $27.4 to $36.06 DOE
- 5 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Test Technician for an opening in Alpharetta, GA.
Support engineering and production needs with regard to test equipment. Work closely with primary product design engineers, systems engineers, EMI/EMC engineers, and qualification test engineers to ensure requirements are met within cost and schedule. Support Production as needed in their efforts to maintain, diagnose, and repair test equipement that are exhibiting failures.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products with heavy emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with military class circular connectors such as D38999 Series 1, 2 and 3.
• Ability and willingness to work several tasks at once in a team environment.
• Ability and willingness to work in an environment with changing requirements and priorities.
• Experience in a military electronic manufacturing environment
• Ability to read technical documentation in the form of, but not limited to, acceptance test procedures, hardware checkout procedures and software verification procedures.
• Ability to read technical drawings in the form of electrical circuit card schematics, harness drawings, & chassis/rack layouts.
• Ability to derive the functional characteristics and repair legacy test systems with minimal or no documentation.
• Ability to fabricate simple test harnesses for troubleshooting test equipment.
• Limited ability to crimp &/or solder connector contacts for circular connectors, dsub miniature & other test connectors.
• Significant experience with electronic test equipment such as digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, AC and DC power supplies, AC and DC load banks, video test pattern generators and logic analyzers.
• Ability to diagnose circuit faults down to the component level.
• Familiarity with National Instruments Labview and Test Stand.
• Ability to diagnose physical and data layer problems with popular military/aerospace data buses such as Mil Std 1553, ARINC 429, ARINC 708, RS-232, RS-422, Firewire (1394a), Ethernet and USB.
• Ability to troubleshoot computers and computer operating systems new and legacy designs (Windows 10, Windows 7, Window XP, Windows NT, Windows 95, Microsoft DOS).
• Strong capability to fabricate, diagnose and test all manner of military style harnesses.
• Military background with experience troubleshooting military electronics or systems.
• Mentor Graphics and/or Cadence schematic design and layout experience.
• Solidworks and/or ProEngineer 3D design experience.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.