- 183264 - Stores Specialist
- CA-Bay Area
- Menlo Park
- $20 to $30.00 DOE
- 2 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Stores Specialist for an opening in Menlo Park, CA.
Responsible for performing tasks involved in receiving, storing, and distributing materials, parts, and supplies, ensuring the timely and accurate processing of paperwork and handling of materials.
1. Receives incoming material; examines and counts material received.
2. Stocks materials and parts.
3. Prepares and audits kits and issues materials and parts to planning and production personnel. Resolves kitting problems.
4. Fills parts shortages.
5. Ensures completion of required paperwork for incoming and out-going materials and parts.
6. Performs other duties as required, including cycle counting, inventory activities, and general housekeeping of stockroom areas.
7. Performs moderate physical efforts.
Requires a high school diploma and a minimum of five to seven years of related experience and the ability to read and write, to add and subtract whole numbers, and to carry out instructions. Requires stockroom, kitting, stocking and cycle counting experience using a computerized inventory control system.
• Flexible to work varied shifts, overtime, weekends and travel on occasion.
• Able to to stoop, bend, kneel, and squat for extended periods of time.
• Able to push, and reach for extended periods of time.
• Must have good repetitive manual dexterity with both hands.
• Must have sufficient vision to see relative positions of small parts and able to discern symmetry and proper alignment.
• Able to lift 35 pounds close to the body repetitively. (Employees need to ask for assistance and use material handling tools for lesser weight in awkward location and/or body positions and for any items over 35 pounds).
• Will be exposed to some or all of the following: fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and moderate to loud noise levels.
• Ability to type for extended periods of time.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 5:30 - 3:00
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.