- 183275 - Engineering Technician 3
- Newport News
- $27.03 to $35.58 DOE
- 1 year
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineering Technician 3 for an opening in Newport News, VA.
Provides technical support to engineers on a variety of technical tasks. Gathers, maintains, formats, compiles, and manipulates technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes. Produces engineering documentation, reports, drawings (flow charts, block diagrams, and schematics). Performs detailed mathematical calculations using established formulas; preliminary analyses of data where guidelines are provided in such areas as trajectory adequacy, model dimensional consistency; and quantitative judgments concerning technical data. Uses personal computer in performance of analyses and development of documentation/reports. May conduct tests and record data to assist with engineering evaluation or analysis.
AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 3 year of related experience.
• This is a waterfront position and will require the ability to physically access a wide variety of work sites, including those aboard ships under various stages of construction or overhaul, including the use of vertical and inclined ladders, and may involve limited kneeling, stooping, standing, etc. Must be able to obtain a Fall Safety Harness.
• This position is in Electronics Test (E25) and the successful applicant will be assigned machinery alignment and survey testing responsibilities.
• An understanding of Metrology methods and familiarity with the Combat Systems Alignment Manual for CV/CVN (CSAM) are both a plus.
• Significant schedule flexibility is required - will require shift work at times
Normally dayshift (7 – 3:30PM) but will require working nights (60% days and 40% nights as the work occurs)
Primary work location outside the yard; primary work location does have an elevator.
The individual will need to conduct tests inside the gate - frequently
Hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety harness – not needed on first day.
AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x173 or (877) 244-5418 x173
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.