- 183418 - Material Control Coordinator
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- Rancho Bernardo
- 3 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Material Control Coordinator for an opening in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
Under general supervision with detailed instruction on new assignments, this position is responsible for performing manual and clerical duties involved in coordinating incoming materials through inspection, stockroom and production. Following established practices and procedures, performs a combination of tasks which may include loading and unloading, counting, weighing, and conveying materials, recording information and tracking, logging and verifying orders from numerous sources and departments. Coordinates outbound shipment of products. Works closely with planners and expeditors to assist with work orders, schedules, follow-up, non-conformance reworks and returns to ensure parts are delivered in a timely manner. Fills orders and issues parts from stock. Requisitions stock and prepares stock use reports.
Reviews and monitors inventory and work orders within SAP. Ensures traceability of material and/or parts.
Coordinates with various departments to support department materials requirements.
Monitors and restocks inventory levels housed on shop floor to ensure appropriate levels.
Updates daily movement of parts providing information to appropriate personnel regarding back order of critical scheduled material.
Delivers materials as required for designated production areas.
Reviews material requisitions issued to the stockroom to ensure material is properly allocated.
Conducts physical inventory counts. Identifies, reports, and investigates inventory shortages, overages or discrepancies on the shop floor.
Examines items received. Verifies conformance to quality clauses and receiving procedures.
Transfers vendor shipper paperwork upon receipt of goods or after appropriate approval of parts. Ensures damages or excess goods are processed through quality assurance and/or materials supervisor.
Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
May operate a company vehicle.
Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and two or more years of experience in production/material control.
- Must have a basic understanding of material control concepts and standards.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify deviations from normal processes and procedures, analyze issues and interpret data; (2) organization skills to maintain flow of work within the unit; (3) the ability to respond to routine issues or situations; (4) good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to interface with internal employees and to accurately document and report information; and (5) knowledge of computer operations, applications, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- Prior material tracking experience using SAP is desired
- Prior MRP experience is desired
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.