- 183515 - Equipment Engineer
- CA-Bay Area
- Santa Clara
- Up to $35.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Equipment Engineer for an opening in Santa Clara, CA.
Manages production support engineering for a specific product or group of products after transfer from design to high volume production. Interfaces with design, process, test and reliability engineering to solve problems. Sustains products with cost reduction and yield improvements. Primary contact between company and contract manufacturer of instrumentation product line.
Responsible for equipment engineering support for the chip manufacturing organization. Performs engineering assignments of varying complexity under general management direction to improve and keep manufacturing equipment on-line. Execute and leads advanced equipment repairs. Performs IQ and OQs on tools. Responsible for monitoring key operational instruments, and equipment process parameters used in chip manufacturing. Participates in equipment procurement and transfers from development. Applies knowledge of engineering, mathematics, software, and/or computer sciences to identify, analyze, and solve complex equipment problems.
Responsible for seamless, rapid and global implementation of material, BOMs, and product data supporting manufacturing and new production introduction to service business strategies and supply chain requirements. Support master data setup for products from concept through EOL. Analyze, process, and track ECR, and ECO to minimize processing time between submission and implementation, optimizing department throughput.
• Primary technical interface between Development, Field Service, Application Support and the instrument contract manufacturer(s).
• Facilitates meetings with instrument contract manufacturer and provides guidance on design changes, parts obsolescence, and any field service instructions. This will require coordination between various departments, sites, and outside suppliers/contract manufacturers.
• Review and approve ECO / CO’s and technically assess impact to instrument performance.
• Coordinate the creation of specifications, part numbers, batch records, JDE data, and logistic processes for new products. Insure that validations and other corporate requirements for new product introduction are satisfied. This would include technical leadership in audits and support any regulatory requirements around product labeling /safety.
• Manufacturing sustaining, performs & leads advanced equipment repairs, revision of PM DOPs.
• CAPEX equipment improvements, mfg. support, and transfer of new equipment from development.
• Ensure that processes and new products are compatible with operations/manufacturing requirements to support the transfer and implementation of new products & processes.
• Responsible for analysis of key manufacturing and QC/process control metrics.
• Participates in process and operation improvement opportunities.
• Complies with company quality management systems, policies and procedures.
• Additional duties/responsibilities according to business needs.
Level of Autonomy and Complexity:
• Regularly contributes to the conception of new principles, theories, and concepts, to resolve complex issues.
• Employs judgment in choosing creative techniques to resolve complex issues requiring extensive analysis and evaluation of factors.
• Error in judgment or failure to achieve objectives will hinder accomplishment of business goals, and will have prolonged impact.
• Determines own methods for new projects; acts as team leader; employs scope to determine goals for assignments.
• Experience with molecular biology and/or chemistry
• 2 – 5 years of manufacturing engineering or manufacturing experience in a pharmaceutical or medical device industry
• 0 – 3 years of instrument related manufacturing experience
• Working knowledge of FDA QSRs, ISO 9001/13485, and risk management (ISO 14971).
• Computer literate with excellent oral and written communication skills. Good interpersonal and persuasion skills.
• Self motivated and works with limited supervision
• General equipment knowledge of electrical, mechanical engineering.
• Program Project Management.
• Advanced statisitcs
• Advanced electronics and/or software knowledge.
• Solidworks/ProE/AutoCad design software knowledge.
Accredited BA or BS Degree in science or technology
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.