- 183551 - Mechanical Systems Design & Analysis Engineer 4
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seekinga Mechanical Systems Design & Analysis Engineer 4 for an opening in Tukwila, WA.
Leads and provides technical quality review of the development and documentation of mechanical and fluid systems and thermal environment to establish the system design. Leads activities to validate and verify mechanical and fluid systems requirements. Leads the development, maintenance or modification of system components'' designs/proposals to provide installation and detail documentation. Performs and documents analyses. Manages supplier development, test and production activities and directs the supplier to optimize integration and achieve program goals. Prioritizes, delegates and tracks performance and documentation of analyses of mechanisms/landing gear/ordnance components and systems selecting appropriate methods to validate or assess the design. Supports proposal preparation and new business development efforts. Trains and coaches others. Works under minimal direction.
• Develop and verify space vehicle mechanical design.
• Analyze and verify mechanical performance of hardware components for a vehicle.
• Perform detailed system design and verification activities.
• Support system level integration and validation.
• Analyze system level performance.
• Perform analyses and trades in support of a rapid prototype system.
• Manages performance of critical suppliers to ensure subsystem compliance and delivery.
• 9 years or more of experience in spacecraft mechanical design.
• 5 years or more of experience in supplier technical evaluation and technical performance management.
• Experience in development, build and test of small and medium-sized spacecraft
• Experience in a dynamic rapid prototyping environment
• Experience working on proprietary programs with a variety of Government entities in a classified environment.
Accredited Bachelors of Science degree in Aerospace, Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.