- 183565 - Government Billing Specialist
- Up to $28.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Government Billing Specialist for an opening in Rockville, MD.
• Prepare complex billings for submissions to customers of various types of government contracts (Time & Materials, Firm-Fixed-Price, Cost-Plus-Fixed-Fee, etc…)
• Analyze unbilled receivables on a monthly basis
• Initiating communications to external and internal customers to resolve billing discrepancies and collection issues.
• Research and resolve a variety of internal and external customer inquiries concerning billing status
• Producing year-end indirect rate variance invoices and quick close out documentation.
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be able to work independently, multi-task with minimal supervision and be collaborative with Project Directors, Program Manages, and Contract Managers
• Must be deadline driven, able to work in a fast-paced environment, organized and detail-oriented.
• 5+ years of Contracts Billing experience is a must have
• Project Accounting and Revenue Recognition basic knowledge
• Process a high value of invoices monthly / expert in resolving the unbilled
• Must have experience with processing and validating project type (Time & Material (T&M), Firm Fixed Price (FFP), and CostPlusFixedFee (CPFF)) invoices as well as closeout bills including year-end indirect rate variance invoices.
• Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
• Strong Excel Skills, knowledge of Vlookup and Pivot Table functions
Accredited Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.