- 183570 - Design & Analysis Engineer 4
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seekinga Design & Analysis Engineer 4 for an opening in Tukwila, WA.
Seeking an Electrical Systems Engineer and Architect to provide design expertise to the Space Systems organization. The senior Electrical Systems Engineer is responsible for engineering design and development of electrical systems through the entire product life cycle of electrical subsystem development. This engineer will contribute to design, develop, document and build solutions for a variety of Phantom Works programs. This environment is fast paced and requires adaptability between programs and priorities. Team work, strong communication, and technical excellence in the area of electrical systems and electrical architecture are qualifications for this position. Designs and develops electrical systems and electrical architecture for complex products. Is responsible for supporting electrical system across entire product life cycle. Collaborates with team to design spacecraft electrical system architecture at component and vehicle level. Position Responsibilities:
• Lead the design, development, integration and test of hardware for spacecraft electrical systems
• Requirements decomposition from system specification and component ICDs to support electrical system architecture definition
•Select and manage component and/or subsystem suppliers
• Interface with and build relationships with suppliers, peers, stakeholders, and customers
• Plan and perform electrical test and analysis
• Analyze system performance through modeling and testing
• Document engineering deliverables, designs, processes, schematics, bills of materials, drawings, build and test procedures
• Perform hands-on engineering and supporting tasks for production and integration of electrical subsystems
• 5 or more year of Electrical system design, development, and architectural experience.
• Experience developing electrical systems for the space environment
•Prior subsystem and vehicle level electrical system design and development experience
• Experience managing suppliers
• Proficiency with EMI/EMC design
• Experience across product life cycle
• Strong communication and team working skills
• Ability to adapt to fast paced work environment
Accredited Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.