- 183612 - Quality Inspector
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $19 to $28.00 DOE
- 3 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Quality Inspector for an opening in Torrance, CA.
We currently have an opportunity for a detail-oriented QUALITY INSPECTOR to perform in-process and final inspections of assemblies, subassemblies, end items, parts and materials used in our products. In this full-time hourly position you'll utilize precision measuring instruments to ensure proper assembly and dimensions, and perform testing of materials and components as well as mechanical inspection of parts in a receiving environment. You will also conduct first article inspection and prepare inspection aids and standards, and perform shipping inspection of packaged hardware and shipping containers to ensure compliance with engineering instructions. While the individual selected for this position will be assigned to our day shift, changes in production requirements may result in reassignment to second (afternoon) shift.
• Proficiency in the use of inspection tools (i.e., height gauges, calipers, and microscopes.
• Demonstrated ability to work from blueprints, drawings, sketches, engineering documents, and manufacturing instructions.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills are needed
• Ability to prepare accurate discrepancy documents and inspection reports, and maintain inspection data.
• Must be able to determine hardware compliance through the use of specifications and instructions.
You will need at least three years of experience carrying out quality inspections of electronic and mechanical components.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.