- 183703 - Retail Operations Specialist 2
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Retail Operations Specialist 2 for an opportunity in Seattle, WA.
Assists in drafting functional budget, developing policies and procedures and integrating technology support. Drafts sales plan and maintains profit and loss metrics to plan in a single location with multiple venues. Assists with audits, compliance and maintenance of brand standards. Drafts marketing plans. Manages product selection and development for one to three product categories or limited risk categories. Assists in monitoring vendor activities for contract compliance. Allocates merchandise items for distribution for up to seven venues.
Merchandising and Product Development responsibilities:
• Coordinate custom projects and requests through the following stages quoting, development, production, shipping and delivery.
• Prepare executive level sales proposals and presentations for custom requests such as delivery events, initiatives, and other gifting opportunities.
• Partner with the Client Services and Intellectual Property Management on requests to certify proper usage of customer liveries are to brand.
• Responsible for writing and tracking Custom Sales purchase orders utilizing Counterpoint POS system.
• Research new trends and product lines through competitive shopping, trade show attendance and communication with store managers; report to management and make recommendations for product selection and merchandising.
• Set and meet targets for initial markup, gross margin, sales, and percentage to total for all custom venues.
• Work with shipping and logistics to get freight quotes on large projects to ensure we are recovering costs and maintaining profitability.
• Analyze and understand markets, competitors, customers, and future trends.
• Assist with month end process for corporate venues and convey any discrepancies to accounting.
• Meets with sales customers as needed to understand product requirements and budgets.
• Oversight of import logistics and testing of overseas production where applicable.
• Research and monitor existing vendor base and industry developments and identify potential new product opportunities.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with vendors to leverage Boeing as a preferred customer, leading to more favorable pricing, exclusive offerings, and markdown and claims assistance.
• Monitor vendor performance and ensure processes for doing business with the Client Store are followed. This includes trademark usage, sample processes, pre-ticketing, defective claims procedures, shipping requirements, and routing guidelines.
• Provide the best price/value ratio possible, maintaining competitive pricing.
• Communicate product and sales trends with merchandise team
The Client is responsible for the procurement and development of merchandise in support of custom sales division. This person is accountable for implementing the vision, executing the plans, and achieving the financial goals for assigned locations and categories.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+1 years' related work experience , 7 years' related work experience, etc.).
WORK HOURS: 8:00AM-4:30PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x254 or (800) 927-9318 x254
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.