- 183757 - Assembler B
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- El Segundo
- 5 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Assembler B for an opening in El Segundo, CA.
Performs routine production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations. Assembles, inspects, modifies and reworks developmental electronic subsystems, subunits, assemblies, components and harnesses and cables, used for experimental and preproduction purposes. Under engineering direction sets up and operates all types of equipment to fabricate and assemble complete flight, developmental and prototype microelectronic circuit assemblies. May set up and operate small bench microweld machines in laboratory areas. Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works from blueprints, schematics, samples lacking complete details or specific information, assembly drawings, sketches, oral and written instructions requiring the identification of all circuit symbols, wiring codes and electrical components.
• Determines work sequence, positions, assembles and modifies developmental electronic devices such as radar synchronizers, computers and roll servo units in accordance with schematics, wiring diagrams or other specifications, using pre-drilled chassis and printed wiring boards. Routes and connects wires and cables in the proper manner so that parts, wires or cables are reasonably accessible for removal and replacement and are mechanically connected, soldered or welded according to prescribed standards. Fabricates and routes wire harnesses and cables on panels, modules and chassis. Uses appropriate technology to assure components assembled will not shift position. Fabricates thin or thick film substrates using all appropriate processes. Fabricates and assemble microminiature circuit parts using special resins, thermo compression die bonding, ultrasonic and parallel gap microwelding and microsoldering techniques.
• Identifies and selects, as called out on schematic wiring diagrams, various electrical components of proper value or size by color code, coded label or other related identification characteristics. Identifies terminal connections for components as required.
• Installs parts and components for proper rotation and polarity. Checks for proper continuity, workmanship and make capacitance and resistance measurements.
• Assists in the development of revised or new methods, techniques and procedures. Makes oral and written reports as required.
• Works efficiently and completes all task with little or no supervision, performs soldering on all type of standard and fine pitch components. Perform soldering on complex wire connectors with little or no supervision, Applies bonding staking and coating. Assists engineering in improving methods, processes and procedures.
• Ascertains that all welds are satisfactory or removes components and rewelds.
• Cleans equipment as required.
• Meets necessary certifications as required.
• Performs rework of the same nature and level of difficulty as described.
• Performs incidental related duties as assigned or required.
• IPC J-STD-001 Training and Certification preferred but not required.
Accredited education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate)
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 5:30 AM - 2:30 AM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x290 or (800) 927-9318 x290
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.