- 183775 - Aircraft Painter A
- SC-South Carolina
- North Charleston
- 6 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Aircraft Painter A for an opportunity in North Charleston, SC
Prepares exterior of aircraft for painting. Primes and finishes touch-up details.
Ability to perform the following requirements:
• Lift less than 25 pounds (Occasional lifting of 21-35 pounds), bend and twist at the waist, walk, crawl, crouch, stand for long periods, kneel, reach, climb/balance, flexion/extension
• Contact with sealants and solvents, exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms
• Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.
• Pass visual acuity and color perception tests
• Read, write, and comprehend the English language
• Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material
• Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
• Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
• Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
• Frequent walking on flat surfaces
• Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
• Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces
• Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands
• Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls
• Occasional contact with metals
• Exposure to plastics and solvents to atmospheric conditions
• Frequent exposure to noise
Suitable candidates for these aircraft painter contract positions will have ONE year of relevant paint experience, as a minimum requirement, and preferably have THREE years of relevant paint experience.
Relevant paint experience is considered painting multi-staged paint processes (base coat/clear coat) at large scale with compressed air (automobile, boat, etc.).
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
Start Time: 2:30 PM
End Time: 11:00 PM
This position requires an individual to work at heights utilizing fall protection equipment. Candidate must be able to obtain Fall Protection Certification. This is also contingency of assignment - Fall Protection Regulations - OSHA 1926, 191066, 1910 Subpart D.
Candidates must be able to support all shifts per business needs. Shifts will be assigned during assignment to meet business needs.
Candidates will be required to attend and pass a training classes. Failure of training may be cause for assignment termination
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.