- 184085 - Civil Engineer
- 6 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Construction Manager for an opportunity in Columbia, MD
Responsible for study, design, specification and services of transportation systems (road, rail, airport, seaport), bridges, infrastructure, drainage, underground utilities, hydrology/hydraulics, water treatment and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, water resources and raw water supply, tunnels, geotechnical design, and other civil engineering works. Under general supervision, independently applies advanced engineering techniques, makes decisions on engineering problems and methods, and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions or to negotiate with key engineers and officials of other organizations. Provides technical guidance to designers and less experienced engineers and is consulted extensively by associates and others with a high degree of reliance placed on scientific interpretations and advice. Job role is responsible for a measurable asset such as an assigned staff and budget.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinating construction bidding process with procurement
• Conducting pre-bid meeting
• Reviewing construction bids
• Assisting with contract award
• Conducting pre-construction meeting
• Review, negotiation and approval of construction documents
• Conducting quality inspections
• Enforcing safety and security requirements
• Coordinating outages and activities
• Resolving field issues
• Maintaining liaison with other engineering disciplines
• Control of cost and schedule growth
• Tracking and reporting status
• Processing invoices
• Processing construction closeout
• Coordinating as-built documentation
Skills are typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in Engineering and a minimum of 7 years related experience, with average experience ranging from 10+ years.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.