- 184101 - Quality Control Inspector
- San Antonio
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Quality Control Inspector for an opening in San Antonio, TX.
Responsible for the initial inspection and buy-back of completed maintenance tasks on
commercial type aircraft undergoing maintenance and repair.
1. Comply with inspection of commercial type aircraft using customer-provided work
2. Inspect and accept or reject all required inspection items and non-routine work
accomplished on commercial type aircraft in accordance with the customer maintenance
programs and the FAR’s.
3. Inspect aircraft and components utilizing special tooling and equipment as needed.
4. Ensure that the maintenance record entries are completed in accordance with 14 CFR Part
43 and the customer’s maintenance program,.
5. Perform weight and balance functions on commercial type aircraft and complete
6. Audit aircraft maintenance work packages.
7. Sign logbook airworthiness release.
8. Inspect and report findings on facility inspections.
9. Adhere to safe maintenance practices and keep work area clean.
10. Maintain work performed on O.J.T. forms for the training department.
11. Successfully complete any training courses deemed necessary by supervision.
12. Perform any work that may be assigned by his or her lead or supervisor.
Five (5) years minimum experience in heavy commercial and or military maintenance and/or six months skill level 3 mechanic. Recorded training on at least three (3) type aircraft. Minimum two (2) years inspection experience.
A & P License required. Inspectors shall have at least 4 years’ experience exercising the privileges of his/her FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
1. Ability to exercise good judgement in performing inspection and buy-back based on the
customer maintenance programs.
2. Inspectors shall demonstrate familiarity with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
3. Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR’s).
4. Inspectors must be familiar with processes and procedures to perform aircraft
maintenance, repair and modification.
5. Inspectors shall demonstrate familiarity with aircraft manuals (maintenance manual,
structural repair manual, etc.) and technical data (service bulletins, engineering
authorizations, etc.) used to perform aircraft maintenance, repair and modification
6. Inspectors shall demonstrate familiarity with inspection aids (mirrors, magnifiers, etc.)
and precision measuring instruments (micrometers, depth gages, etc.) used to perform
7. Inspectors shall demonstrate familiarity with large transport aircraft major components
and systems, general structure, location or grouping methods and maintenance
Under General Direction. Normally performs duties after receiving general instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired results.
A high level of interpersonal skills is required to maintain an effective relationship with co-workers and supervision.
Requires easy mobility around various sections of
aircraft. Requires mental skills and quickness with the ability to cope with stress and intense effort fort or exertion. The candidate must be able to work shifts. Working environment requires standing 90% of the work day on hard surfaces. Must be able to lift
25 pounds and report to work regularly.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED, A & P License required. Inspectors shall have at least 4 years’ experience exercising the privileges of his/her FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x251 or (800) 927-9318 x251
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.