- 184116 - Production Technician
- Salt Lake City
- Up to $15.00 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Production Technician for an opening in Salt Lake City, UT.
Assemble, set up, test, and prepare product for shipment to customer in a manufacturing environment. This position includes and is not limited to sub-assemblies, finished product and warranty replacement parts. The technician will be using hand tools, powered tools, fork lifts, and computer technologies.
When necessary, the technician will also cross-train and participate in other aspects of the business, particularly on the Inventory Control side.
• Perform assigned function from oral and/or written instructions, drawings, or other manufacturing information.
• Follow established procedures/work instructions for assigned function.
• Handle materials in accordance with established procedures.
• Maintain quality standards by inspecting and testing finished products to ensure conformance with specifications.
• Latest versions of documents are available on the intranet. Check revision of hardcopy documents before use.
• Maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and communicate problem areas or parts shortages.
• Help prepare all finished products for shipment; clean package and load materials into carrier's vehicles.
• Observe good housekeeping and safety procedures and keep equipment, tools and work area clean and orderly.
• Exhibit teamwork in all you do, maintaining a positive and team based attitude. Support peers in time of high demand by working hours assigned and overtime as required; also comply with scheduled start/stop times and break periods for the facility.
• Lift 50 lbs. with reasonable accommodation as required.
• Work in a timely manner to ensure customer needs are fulfilled and deadlines are met. Work at a pace that meets expected productivity goals.
• Experience using various tools, including: Manual/electric/pneumatic tools, drill press, fork truck, template/fixtures, hand carts, measuring and testing equipment, storage/packaging materials and prescribed safety equipment.
• Experience with computer software setup calibration and troubleshooting.
• Perform other functions as assigned.
• 2+ years Production experience.
• Basic Computer setup calibration and troubleshooting skills.
• Must possess an understanding of OSHA safety rules for warehouse work.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
• 1+ years of Fork lift operator experience.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED
9/80, 7a to 5p; possible OT when a business need
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.