- 184374 - Manufacturing Test Technician
- $20 to $25.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manufacturing Test Technician for an opening in Mason, OH.
The manufacturing test technician supports manufacturing in the testing, and failure analysis and resolution, of medium to highly complex electro-optical sensors and assemblies. The candidate would have good knowledge of electrical measurements, and be familiar with using, Meters, Oscilloscopes, Signal Sources, Computers, and other equipment used in the testing of electronic and optical components and modules.
This is a hands-on position that requires a strong ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, to perform electronics testing and analysis of complex electronic assemblies and systems. The candidate must have good hand-eye coordination for work with small tools under a microscope. The ideal candidate will have a solid working knowledge of electronics, and a strong aptitude and interest in working with automated and manual test equipment as well as the communication skills required to work with engineering, management and other technicians. The candidate must be detail oriented and have meticulous record keeping skills.
Communication skills are extremely important as this role includes working with engineering on product introduction as well as training/supporting operators in the group.
• Performs set-up, calibration, testing, tuning and troubleshooting of complex electro-optical circuits and components, instruments, mechanical assemblies and test stations. Will require use of a microscope and small tools as well as mechanical hand tools.
• Recognizes failures, and test set up problems, and determines appropriate corrective action.
• Operates a variety of programmable test equipment (i.e. oscilloscope, function generator, meters, power supplies, etc.)
• Works from written and verbal instructions, test specifications, wiring diagrams and schematics.
• Records and maintains test data and assembly travelers.
• May assist more experienced technicians with more complex test procedures.
• May interface with Engineering to help solve design problems.
• Requires fully proficient job knowledge/skills.
• Preferred 2 years post-Secondary/AAS degree in Electronics or Electro-mechanical Technology with a minimum of 2 years prior related experience, or military equivalent. Minimum requirement, High School Diploma or equivalent, and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience.
• Must have thorough understanding of electronics theory/measurements.
• Ability to work with small hand tools and use microscope.
Accredited High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience.
9/80, 2nd Shift 2pm-11:30pm
MISCELLANEOUS: Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x251 or (800) 927-9318 x251
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.