- 184431 - Digital Test Technicians
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- El Segundo
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 4 Digital Test Technicians for openings in El Segundo, CA.
Operates a variety of advanced computer assisted and computer controlled and manual test equipment to functionally test digital and analog electronic subassemblies, slices, and units or equivalent in accordance with engineering specifications. Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works from test and planning documents, circuit and product diagrams, equipment manuals, and verbal and written instructions.
• Lays out and determines standard methods and sequences to test and troubleshoot complex digital electronic subassemblies, slices and units by performing operations such as inspections, wirechecks, component verifications, and functional testing under various environmental conditions.
• Sets up the test configuration by making all cable connections between the item-under-test and the station. Secures connectors to the proper torque where required.
• Reviews test data for failures and fills out paperwork to report failures.
• Operates commercial and custom test equipment including computer controlled test stations, oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, logic analyzers, chart recorders, and thermal chambers.
• Uses, interprets and critiques circuit and product drawings, and test documents such as specifications and procedures.
• Uses application software on test stations that run under various operating systems, and able to execute batch files.
• Troubleshoots flight hardware under the guidance of an engineer. Fills out paperwork to rework the hardware.
• Troubleshoots and repairs test stations under the guidance of an engineer.
• Sets up test stations for usage by following instructions and diagrams in equipment documents. May involve finding missing equipment and cables.
• Reviews and prepares test data for unit selloff.
• Uses computer application software such as word processing and spreadsheets.
• Performs incidental related duties as assigned or required.Takes units through environmental testing at other facilities by scheduling use of facility, moving equipment to test facility, setting up unit, and testing the unit during the environmental exposure.
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/Accredited GED) and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Accredited Associate)
FULL TIME/VARIABLE SHIFT
WORK HOURS: Candidates must be available to support 1st, 2nd or 3rd shifts as assigned.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.